Saturday, September 20, 2008

Trust..what did I get myself into

God answers prayers. Two years ago I told the Lord that I did not know what true joy was. Have you every asked God for something that if you would have known what it would take to learn it you wouldn't have asked. And yet what it brought you in the end made all worth it. True joy I have learned comes from only the things above and not from the things on earth. Deep, yes. Real, completely.

You would think that I would have learned my lesson. If it takes trials to learn a key word in the Bible why would a person ask for it. I guess you could call it righteous greed. I did not cry out for it or beg the Lord, I merely told the Lord that I wanted to know what real trust was. You know the verse, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart" At one time I considered that my life verse. Trusting as I may have been (20 years ago), I know that my trust in the Lord is not even near what it should be. And God is faithful, the process of learning about trust has begun. Yes, it is already a rough road. However, in spite of what it is going to take I know that in the end I will be to say it was all worth it.

This morning as my trust was being challenged, God brought these verses to me (www.youversion.com) at just the right time. Bibles usually titles these verses "Do not Worry".

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 27 “Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.
31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:22-34

Today it will be on His Word that I stand.

0 comments: