Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Who is your Master

One of the things that God has taught me these last two years is to serve Him and Him alone. Working as a pastor can bring a lot of praises from people that can boost your ego. This is especially difficult when the praises come from the people you respect and look up to. Your motivation gets boosted as well as your confidence but your reliance on the Lord drifts away. All the acceptance and encouragement you need comes from others and not from the Lord whose love is faithful no matter what.
In the last two years God has graciously taken all of that approval away and brought me back to serving Him alone. WOW! I never knew how comforting that is and how much confidence it would give me in leadership. If you truly want to lead people who love the Lord you must be led, motivated, empowered, reassured, guided, and comforted by the Lord Himself. Calling Him master gives so much relief to a ministry that can bring so much stress. Serving Him alone has gifted me with a greater vision for my life and my ministry because I can call Him master.

1 comments:

Curtis said...

I love you honey and I am proud of the man God continually molds you to be.